Glazing is a technique used to coat some foods . They are usually sweet. They are a perfect coverage for cupcakes, cakes, ice cream, mousse, among others. You can give it the flavor of your preference. In our case, the secret ingredient in this perfect fruity glaze is freeze-dried raspberry.
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Total time: 20 min
Serving Size: for 12 cupcakes (recipe below)
Ingredients for the Perfect Fruity Glaze
- 100 grams of butter
- 250 grams of icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 20 grams of freeze-dried fruit (Raspberry works great here)
- a pinch of salt
- To start you must place the milk with a pinch of salt in a small container.
- Stir and reserve.
- Then you must beat the butter until creamy.
- Add icing sugar.
- When the sugar begins to integrate with the butter, you will notice that its appearance is earthy.
- When both ingredients are integrated, add the milk with the salt and continue beating for 8 to 10 minutes. The longer the robe, the fluffier and lighter it will get.
- After you've made some of the frosting ahead of time, place the freeze-dried fruits in a ziploc bag.
- Crush with the help of a heavy spoon until a pink powder forms.
- This powder will give your icing a concentrated fruit flavor without the need for juice.
- Add the powder to the frosting mixture.
- Beat again until you get a homogeneous mixture.
With this mixture you will obtain a bold flavor naturally. Baked goods have never tasted so delicious.
Tips for the perfect icing
- The pinch of salt that is added to the mixture helps to correct the sweetness of the glaze and enhance the flavor.
- You must dissolve it in liquid, in this case in milk before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
- The amount of sugar can vary, it all depends on the temperature, if you are in the winter time you can place the indicated amount, but if you are in summer, it is safer that you have to add a little more so that the glaze has more consistency.
The best way to enjoy a perfect fruity glaze is in the company of exquisite vanilla cupcakes, as the flavor of vanilla combined with the sweet flavor of raspberry give your palate an explosion of flavors. We leave you a small recipe so you can enjoy your delicious glaze.
Preparation time 10 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Total time: 50 min
Serving Size: 12 cupcakes
- 140 grams of wheat flour
- 90 grams of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 90 grams of unsalted butter
- 80 grams of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Before you start preparing the cupcakes, you must preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- In a bowl place all the ingredients except the milk and beat until you get a sandy consistency.
- Add the milk little by little and continue beating until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake liners and bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes.
- When they are golden, remove from the oven.
- Let them cool to room temperature and decorate with your perfect fruity frosting.
- It serves.